The Master's programme in European Business Law is an advanced academic programme providing an in depth understanding of trade law aspects of the Single European Market and how the trade market functions in a global context.
The programme aims to provide students with competence in both the legal and economic fields, offering them a competitive edge in their careers as strategic decision makers in both the public and private sectors. With a unique combination of traditional legal studies in business law (e.g. contract law, company law, tax law and competition law) and economic and trade related issues, this programme is ideal for preparing for careers in corporate or tax law, in institutional employment within the EU or within domestic administrations. It will also provide a good grounding for students interested in pursuing an academic career within the University.
Courses in the 2 year programme: Compulsory courses (75 ECTS): EU Constitutional Law (7.5 ECTS), Principles of European Business Law (7.5 ECTS), Internal Market Law (15 ECTS), EU Competition Law (15 ECTS), Masters thesis (30 ECTS), elective courses (45 ECTS) in areas such as Intellectual Property Law, Tax Law, Internal Market Law, Moot Court, etc.
Courses in the 1 year programme: EU Constitutional Law (7.5 ECTS), Principles of European Business Law (7.5 ECTS), Internal Market Law (15 ECTS), EU Competition Law
(15 ECTS), Masters thesis (15 ECTS).
At least a 3-year Bachelor degree in law (LL.B or equivalent).
English B (advanced) language proficiency shall be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
* IELTS score of 6.5 (with no section less than 5.5)
* TOEFL paper-based score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test and a total score of 575; internet based score of 20 (scale 0-30) and a total score of 90
* Cambridge/Oxford Advanced Certificate of Proficiency
* A Bachelors degree from a university where English is the only language of instruction, according to the International Handbook of Universities
* A pass on English course B (Swedish upper secondary school).
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||575|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
|Area:||9.942 sq miles (25.75 km²)|
|Population:||82,800 (Dec 31, 2010)|
|Population:||9.517 million (2012)|