This advanced postgraduate programme provides core postgraduate training in Process Engineering, plus the option to specialise in areas including environmental engineering, bioprocess engineering and polymer engineering.
Opportunities for Careers
This postgraduate programme aims to equip students with advanced knowledge, and to enhance and broaden employment prospects in key industries such as:
* Food and biotechnology
* Polymer processing
Students must complete six full taught modules, of which five must be selected from the core modules and one from the specialisation modules. MSc students must also carry out a major research or design project.
* Advanced Catalysis and Reaction Engineering
* Analysis and Computer Simulation of Chemical Processes
* Management and Economics
* Project and Energy Management
* Biological and Food Process Engineering
* Environmental Engineering, Safety and Management
* Polymers Engineering
MSc: Research Project
Written examinations on all taught modules account for 50 per cent of final marks, plus another 50 per cent from continual assessment consisting of projects, case studies and coursework. Students must also submit a major dissertation for the research project.
An Honours degree or equivalent recognised qualification in an Engineering discipline, Chemistry, Physics or Material Science.
Additional Information for International Students
Applicants who are non-EEA nationals must satisfy the UK Border Agency (UKBA) immigration requirements for English language for visa purposes, normally by providing evidence of one of the following:
* IELTS* score of 6.5, with not less than 5.5 in any component, or
* TOEFL* score of 92 (Internet-based test) with minimum scores of 21 for Listening, 22 for Reading, 23 for Speaking and 21 for Writing, or
* INTO English for Postgraduate Study/Pre-sessional score of 65% with not less than 55% in any component, or
* INTO Graduate Diploma English for Academic Purposes score of 60% with not less than 40% in any component
*Taken within the last 2 yrs
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||92|