University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
Application Deadline: 1 Feb/1 May 2017 (annual)
Study Level: Masters
University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Two scholarships can be awarded to UTS recipients: Kipaji Scholarship and Professor de Winter Scholarship. These scholarships have additional requirements.
Univesity of Twente, The Netherlands
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship value ranges from € 6,000 – € 25,000 for one year. In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year when they meet the process requirements for the UTS.
Who is Eligible:
International students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries
To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfil all of the following requirements below:
- Your programme starts in September 2017
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT graduate programmes (Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results).
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words), this motivation letter explains: (1) What you have studied in the past; (2) What goal you want to reach through your study at UT; (3) How you plan to receive this goal; (4) Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable).
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant.
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable).
- You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
Level/Field(s) of study:
Qualifying Master’s Programmes offered at the University (see official website for complete list)
In order to apply for this scholarship, you already need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master programmes. Applications are done online. The deadline for Round 1 applications is 1 February 2017. The deadline for Round 2 applications is 1 May 2017.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to start the application process and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.